- Are Liberal Arts Colleges Disappearing?
Liberal arts colleges continue redefining their historical missions or flat-out disappearing — a trend that threatens to diminish America’s renowned higher education system, argues a study co-authored by a Michigan State University scholar—ScienceDaily
- Wave hello to the future of the UI with Microsoft’s wrist-mounted Digits system
Microsoft researchers have unveiled a user interface system called Digits, which captures users’ hand gestures via a wrist-mounted system and translates them into commands—ZDNet
- ThinkPad turns 20: how IBM’s ‘black box’ defined the laptop industry
At The Verge, David Pierce writes a retrospective look at one of the best laptops ever made. I (VL) had three ThinkPads over a period of years and they were tops.
- Exit the mouse, enter the touch pad
Will your mouse be replaced by a standalone touch pad? Apple, HP, and others are betting on it—CNET
- How To Buy A Smartphone: Which Is Better, Android or iPhone?
Tips from Dan Rowinski at ReadWriteWeb on buying a smartphone