Here are some interesting links to look at:
- Driving While Distracted Is a Primary-Care Issue, Physician Says; Talking or Texting Behind the Wheel Is Roughly Equivalent to Driving Drunk
ScienceDaily reports on an article in the June 10 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine about the dangers of texting while driving.
- Merely Human? That’s So Yesterday
The New York Times reports on the futurists’ predictions of a “singularity”, when man and machine will merge.
- The Defense of Computers, the Internet and Our Brains
In the New York Times Bits Blog, Nick Bilton presents arguments from those who think the Internet makes us smarter.
- Why you’ll use Foursquare
Mike Elgan’s column at Computerworld explains the attractions of location-based social networking services like Foursquare.
- US broadband: still expensive, underwhelming
Ars Technica looks at the latest statistics on how the US is lagging in broadband service.